Hosting providers play a very crucial role in the effectiveness of your website or software.
Selecting the right hosting provider is very important to your business. You need to consider a mix of Quality and Cost before finalizing a vendor to host your software or website.
Any website you purchase or software needs to be hosted on a server, and the server can be purchased using any hosting provider company, or you can build a server in your home/office (It is known as in house server). Due to various reasons, using hosting providers’ services is always recommended because they have dedicated facilities available to maintain the servers and keep them up and running all/most of the time.
Before selecting a hosting plan, you need to know and finalize the technologies your website development agency will use while building the website. Is it a CMS like WordPress or a website that will be built using custom code in other scripting languages like PHP, etc.?
For WordPress website,some specialized hosting providers deal only with WordPress websites. It is recommended to use such hosting for WordPress websites because of the following reasons.
- They take care of all updates of WordPress versions.
- They are more secure and detect any plugins which are malfunction.
- They make it easy for you to move websites from development to production environment. (With just a few clicks)
- They give you the option to revert to the previous version in just one click.
There could be a few exceptions, as well. There are a few WordPress websites with a lot of custom code. For such websites, you might not be able to utilize all features of WP Hosting Platforms. It is advisable to discuss with your web development agency and go with their advice in such cases. If you need any help, you can contact us @ [email protected] or [email protected]
Here are the names of a few outstanding WordPress specialized hosting I prefer using.
- WP Engine (Best and recommended)
If your website is built using custom code, it is important to look into the following parameters before choosing from the available hosting.
- Pricing model (Some companies charge a fixed amount for server, and then they charge for bandwidth you use. I would not recommend using such services. Always go by fixed price.
- Up Time of their servers.
- Customer support quality and response time.
- Backup plans and facilities.
I always recommend using hosting services instead of hosting a server at home or office is because of the following reasons.
- Theykeep the machines powered up all the time.
- They take care of the backups of the data.
- They have plans to handle hardware problems.
- They have lease lines of internet connection and providean uninterrupted internet connection.
- They have experts to take care of the servers.
Using a hosting provider’s services is always cost-effective for small and medium businesses than in house hosting.
If you would like to know more details on this topic or have a few specific questions, please leave a reply here, and I will get back to you as soon as possible. You can also email me at [email protected]